Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Looking for Dynaco MKIV owner's using the VTA boards set up for 12AU7 lo-gain

I am currently using the VTA boards set up for the 12AT7 in my Dynaco MKIV's. There are a number of resistors that need to be changed when you configure the boards for the 12AU7. I have a few lists that I was sent by VTA, but there are differences in values between the lists. I would preface this by saying don't suggest going to Dynaco Tube Audio Forum, or VTA, That is not an option, and that's all I am saying. The resistors, and one capacitor in question are:

R11-12 68K changes to a 33K 2w or 36K 2w
R13-14 150K " " " 33K 2w or 36K 2w or 47K .5w
R15-16 7.5K " " " 6.8K .5w or 6.8K 2w
R17-18 12K .5w " " " 12K 1w or 12K 2w
C13 15 is it 680pF or 470pF

As far as the watts rating, going bigger can't hurt you, just cost a little more, and are a little bigger. The values I was told are flexible, but I discovered that is not true in all cases. I am interested in hearing what other MKIV owners, using the VTA/12AU7, are using in these resistor and capacitor locations. Thanks for your help.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Looking for Dynaco MKIV owner's using the VTA boards set up for 12AU7 lo-gain - Michael Norona 05:29:09 03/17/12 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.