Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: My mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You been screwed dude. I got screwed by a real friendly Aussie on ebay selling me his after he got screwed I guess lol mine where filament but I think they all are from the same factory and are garbage.I have seen the ones you are talking about and look identical. They are massively overrated and I think they would vibrate and buzz at any rating. They would just not have enough inductance on the primary even. It never ceases to amaze me how often I can get ripped off on ebay. I just keep believing ppl are honest. But with ebay it doesn't seem to matter. The funny est thing this week again hammered it home. I am a hopeless ebay addict BTW. There was a vintage ""xxxxxx" driver on ebay I wanted. It was 100 and had a far away foto of the front only and stated it was in good condition. I thought no rear photo they must be concealing something. Then I though no I am sure he is honest and just being lazy. Anyway I did a search for this type of driver to do a little more study and I found the same driver being being sold in a local on line trading post. Difference is he had taken close up photos of front and rear. Which showed as I suspected but nothing near as bad as I imagined extreme watter damage rendering it worthless and it was listed for $60 too! lmao I couldn't believe it. Maybe I am missing the fine print on ebay listings. Does it really say"now pick a photo that best conceals the items damage" and don't forget to add 40% on now because your items looks 40% better now!

Needless to say my rcore hit the trash parts bin. Perhaps I should open another ebay account and sell it as " I found this in my grandfathers shed after he died I cant test it but I am sure it's great!!" type account lmao Like I see so many do. I still got done with that scam this week on nos tubes in there boxes. Turned out when they came out of there boxes they where all nice and white inside lol. Her accounts name was Wendy so I felt sorry for her and payed nos tested price for them and she quickly told me once I told her they where done that she had a secret non stated no refund policy lol But that was the clever part for me their no refunds disclaimer is the red flag for me and others too thus the lack of it I guess. So I hope it's some solitude to you that there is way stupider people in this asylum lol. On a more positive note I have found some nice cheap Chinese stuff. Like tube caps chip amp boards and thats about it I guess. I did buy one of those little digital preamps for mum but it wasn't very good at all. It had no gain and about 6 volume steps:|

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.