Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Well if thats' the case..

I now see a serious problem with the wiring. What is it? Triple strands of Kimber? So now the "music" will be split up and sent down three different wires that surely aren't equal length. Which notes will go down which wire?

Mind boggling isn't it!

On a serious note, paralleling tube sections does significantly change the parameters - in fact it might as well be a different tube in some cases. So yes, unless the circuit is redesigned for this now "different tube" it will probably sound different.

But two tube sections causing a phantom ghost image based on the implied timing differences here? Not at audio frequencies in our universe. If this were an RF circuit, then we can talk about it some more.

So just like the preached LSES theory, the effect Dr.Lowmu heard is real. The cause is not however what he has hypothesized. That being simply paralleling tube sections in a circuit designed for a single section will have different operating points. That's most likely what he heard.

Edits: 03/13/12 03/13/12 03/13/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.