Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Safety issues and 6AS7 rationale

This circuit has been made possible only because of extensive LTSpice simulations. I would have never tried its construction if LTSpice had not been available for simulations. The circuit performs exactly as LTSpice model predicts (notwithstanding the crude and ultra-economic construction, see the photo, and I hope nobody gets horrified).

Experimenting with LTSpice model (if you send me an e-mail at cellai@space.it I will be glad to deliver the file) will help to answer all 'what if questions' you may have, and to figure out the inner working of the circuit.

Safety issues they are the same as for any vintage TV set.

The reason for 6AS7 choice is because I have many of them available (and I can directly purchase in Russia/Ucraina lots of Svetlana NOS items for 7 Euro/each (plus shipping).

Just for fun I have created correspondent designs with 6L6 and EL 84.
If you limit your choice to tubes with less than about 300V anode voltage (and to no more than 8K plate to plate reflected impedance) you can play with this topology and plenty of commercial AC mains 'output transformers'.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Safety issues and 6AS7 rationale - 6AS7_6SN7 02:50:12 09/30/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.