Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

No, you are missing the same thing I am

Namely why so many had problems with the current waveform that I assumed to be a choke input supply. It seemed a lot of folks liked the notion of the PT's current waveform looking like its voltage waveform (like sine wave rather than square wave).

So I got thinking about how we could make the current waveform look like it was feeding a resistive load and came up with the above notion. If it was followed up with a more normal LC section it seemed possible to get reasonably good ripple reduction and voltage regulation and have the PT's current waveform very nearly sine wave like.

Russ

And yes, as soon as I hit that post button it occured to me the flywheel filter might have been tuned to 120 hertz but for some reason I never bothered to consider that when I was looking at the flywheel concept.

Perhaps I am feeling guilty about picking a path long ago and feeling no reason to second guess it. So on one level a normal choke input filter is the right choice for me and one I had been comfortable with. But I am not willing to disregard what Jeff claims to hear and am intrigued with why Henry would spend the effort. That FFT plot also surprised me but I don't know enough to interpert it properly.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • No, you are missing the same thing I am - Russ57 15:34:35 05/08/07 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.