Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

OK

Jack, I apologize if I was too personal. I'd rather avoid being personal if possible, but I have to be honest and say that you make it very, very difficult.

As for your charge that my discussion was off topic, I find that bewildering. If it's true that you have not been trying to misdirect the jury, then it must also be true that you simply do not see the relevance of what I was saying. That is unfortunate for you.

It pains me to have to explain myself (again, still): you suggested that unshielded twisted pair works "big time" with single ended circuits. I brought balanced/differential circuits into the discussion to explain that these circuits are where twisted pairs are intended to be used, that this is where the tremendous benefit of noise suppression is found (without shielding.) It is necessary to understand how that benefit is realized in balanced/differential systems to understand why it is not realized in single ended systems.

The fact that you may be incapable of seeing the relevance is unfortunate for you, and ultimately unfortunate for the rest of us too. I'll try to avoid saying anything more personal about you, though it is very, very tempting.

-- Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • OK - Dave Cigna 15:20:33 05/02/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.