Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: What does it do? + $0.02

Well, I don't see how it can do that either, and if I understand what you're saying, I agree with you . The theory leaves me with many doubts and twice as many questions - especially about blocking the AC. But sizing the R to put the grid in question at a potential consistant with it's position between the cathode and plate makes sense to me. I don't believe that that automatically makes it the same as if it weren't there at all. There's probably all kinds of little effects. (If it was exactly the same it would BE the same , and it isn't, so it's not! `,;^) But it does do something positive and does not in itself create any instability (I'm assuming that's what you meant by "something bad is happening")
I can put it on my to do list but all my Study and Soldering time is spoken for up to mid '08 (yes , I actually have a little book) and by then everybody will have forgotten about this (and you will probably have lost interest!)
Nobody else is is getting involved in this now but if it interests you enough to give it a test I'd bet everybody here would be reading your results if good enough to post them.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.