Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: LT108- setup in current reg filament supply

Well , this laugh's on me. I assumed that the caps were non polar. It's pure luck that the three other caps I had in the circuit didn't blow too.
Anyway, right after I first posted, I tried the data sheet suggested arrangement for greater ripple rejection. with 10uF in , 20uF out, and 150uF Aluminum 'lytic on the adjust pin. It's probably as quiet as it will get in this breadboard arrangement but it clearly has lost some of the magic it had yesterday in its much simpler setup (Though it has slightly more bottom end).
I'll keep looking at other possibilities, I'd like to try an LR filter with a choke and the filament, also LC etc. . .
Thanks for your reply - Any chance of getting you to say more about your disrete two transistor or FET designs?
Thanks
Ian

PS. Just gave it another go with L in place of the R in what was a CRC > Reg filter. Sounded bad, then good, then started that scratchy crackle that signals unhappy chips. . . . . .
Hmmm, what to try next? `,;^)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.