Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: mac mc240 rebuild

Adam
The vitaman Qs all have sleeving on them and the ones that dont I put electrical tape on and that works well..Im only using 4 of the k40s in this project which are the .047s and I taped them or you can put heat shrink on them and Im way away from any electrical contact..The picture is deceiving and that is why you may be wondering but there is no issue as I put the vit Qs and k40s in all my amps.
The doubler caps you see are the panasonic CE series that Jim Mcshane sells..He also had the inrush limiter and the diodes and the F&T and JJ caps which I will I will change the remaining filter caps you see..The 100uf at 100v is from Jim also and its the muse caps and truthfully the panasonic did wonders as I know the other filter caps will also..I have 12 dual 100@500v JJS in stock along with a single dual 100@500v F&T and several of the dual 50@500v F&T and JJ but I think I want to use one of each and then I can use an extra dual 50@500v for the decoupling capactance.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.