Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: Trimming is to kill tolerance of realworld Cs & Rs.

You don't "need" to build the record curve EQ to get the playback correct. It just make the trimming process easier and faster once you have it in your toolbox. You are correct that the ability to get one correct is no better than the other. I know it is a bit much to assume that everyone has a good set of test equipment and that it works correctly but I want to give the best method I know for the job.

Your comment about the record system is valid. I have wondered why I should make such a fuss about the playback when the recorder is nowhere near correct. The Westerex systems are specified at ±3 dB within the audio band. I don't know the specs on the Neumann systems but I suspect that they are only marginal better at best. Add in the reproducer frequency response and it gets worse, especially if it is a high inductance type that is load sensitive.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Trimming is to kill tolerance of realworld Cs & Rs. - beermanpete@socal.rr.com 20:57:43 04/18/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.