Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

You know

one of the great things about our society is that everyone is entitled to their perspective. That is where I would like to leave the discusion regarding last minute bidding.

However, I would like to say, DUDE! Come on! You HAVE to know how much the package weighs before you list (or hav a good estimate). Certainly a bidder is going to take shipping into account when placing their best bid. Moreover, the way you deal with shipping charges give the buyer an insight into your ethics, as many sellers over charge via a set shipping fee or handling fees. Your background research was good, sure, but there is more to selling. You have to convince people to buy YOUR item. Like your ad when you talk about the three way system. Now that is personable, and shows that a fellow audiophile is selling the item. You could have gone a step further and given crossover points, because I am sure that 5 people seeing your ad had that question in their minds. That is not my style, ussually, but some people do things like that. With the monitor, you have to tell them that you have the box, or that you will package well. This is very important on some items, like turntables, where the original box may add 50-100% to the final price.

I am not trying to bust your chops, just give you, and others, some solid advice. I have been buying stuff and selling my extra stuff on ebay for about 6 years now. In all my buying, exactly two items arrived undamaged and as described, some end caps for my pool cues, and a handmade briefcase/man purse, which, quite frankly was a steal, even at its more than I ussually spend price. The rest were incorreclty described, broken, shipped so poorly that they were hardly recognizable, ect... I am sure that many have had similiar experiences. Add to this the rampant fraud on ebay as of late, as in 10-20% of all items in some categories are scams:

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/shady/messages/2440.html

Jut remember, the only way to increase the final price is to increase the number of bids. Think about what you look for in an auction and apply to your sales.

Bottom line, if you want top dollar, do the research, learn to sell, and no excuses.

Best regards,

Rodney

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • You know - j rodney 09:06:09 04/03/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.