Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: a legitimate method of bidding

Yes it is legal.
But legal is the minimum level of behavior.
Less than that is criminal.

OK so we're agreed that late bidding is not illegal. So what's your problem? Why go about name calling to law abiding people? People that are following the rules.

Now ethical is a higher bar.
And moral is an even higher bar.

Whose ethics? Whose morals? Are you claiming the moral and ethical high ground in every sphere of your life? I can guarantee that you are not the moral /ethical policeman. I bet if I was to dig a bit deeper I could find some morals and ethics of yours that I would find offensive. But I don't go round pointing fingers at people and calling them names just because their behaviour doesn't agree with my standards.

Do you want to have a society that
the accepted behavior only seeks
to attain the basic legal status?

It's a starting point. If everyone was to keep it legal, there would be little trouble.

I would hope that we would want to aspire
to a much higher standard than that.
I expect myself to live by the moral standard.

Again, whose morals?

I would hope that others would aim higher
than just what is legal/not criminal.

I still don't understand why you have this as a problem that somehow marks you out as a superiour being. You know the rules of the auction site. You have the opportunity to bid up to your maximum at any time of your choosing. You know the length of the auction. This is not a regular auction that closes when the last bid is in. It is an auction with a time limit. So why do you now what to change the format to suit your indecisive style?

That is so childish. In that somehow you feel you are losing out so you want to change the rules. And since you can't, you go about name calling. Blimey!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: a legitimate method of bidding - Stephen R 07:40:31 04/03/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.