Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Whole New Level ! LONG

You know things are great when a friend calls you up one night to tell you about his latest project and the electricity in their voice transfers over the phone lines. So I immediately picked up another friend and made the drive to see what was so special!

I have heard quite a few nice, even great amps over the years. Several of these have been my own, but last night I finally heard an amp "Do It All Right!" The clearity, detail,extension and pace of these amps was to say the least astounding. This wasn't just moving the mark, the other amps still sound good but after hearing this amp the knowledge is firmly imbedded, that there is an end to searching for sonic perfection. IMHO!

I don't have lots of information but I do have some, The amps are mono blocks, each with their own "No holds barred" remote power supplies. So a certain part of the magic is right there, the amps are PP 4E27's with glowing plates with which to light your way in the night!

It had been said, by some, that tubes of this nature are great, if not ideal, for audio use. Well as the Monkey's said "I am a believer". I will try and get him to post some pictures as soon as I can.

Terry

P.S. The total weight of these amps and power supplies is in the neighborhood of 400 lbs. +. I told you "No Holds Barred". Excessive - no just right!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - Whole New Level ! LONG - mrclassicman 02:16:15 03/29/07 (6)

You can not post to an archived thread.