Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: Impression on Resistor loaded parafeed 2A3

It's a single ended parafeed design like yours with cheap Radio Shack line transformers wired as autoformers. The input tubes are 6C45PIs and the out put tubes are 829Bs wired as triodes.

I taken it to a few of the meets that we hold a few times a year in the Philadelphia / Washington area and it usually draws good comments. It's easily the best sounding thing I have built and it is the clarity which is a step above any other amps I have tried to build. There may be other causes of this since this was my first amp with extensive use of motor run caps in the power supply and of course umpteen other variables.

I had read the Nelson Pass article and had thought about trying to build it, but I was heavily into tubes by then. But I must admit his article was the inspiration. I had also read Stve Bench's stuff on the resistor load and that was part of the inspiration as well.

I've thought about it for quite a while now and I still have no idea why resistor loading might be a good idea.

ray

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.