Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: Impression on Resistor loaded parafeed 2A3

Hi,

I have not done the direct comparison of CCS, Choke,and resistor load in a same cicuit. But I have tried many different kind of CCS inclluding C4S, many by Gary Pimms, DN2540 and also different plate chokes. My impression on CCS is that the net result depends on the componets before and after the circuit you are using. For example if you are using so so linestage and use all active loaed amplifier you end up revealing the so so linestage's character, including the bad one. Active load is better used close to the source like tube DAC. On the other hand plate choke is very much like a 'person' and the character is all different. Maybe because there are many factors in making plate choke I think. But I do believe a well made plate choke would give me nice result. But you know we are simply enjoying this hobby, not pursuing a 'ultimate winner'. Also I do not mind using a little more power for fun of tube DIY.

What I want to share is this charming experience with resistor loaded parafeed, and it's easy or even inexpensive than using plate choke. Unlike plate choke a resistor character is close to plain or honest I think. Unfortunately I am not good enough to perform a measurement here.

Cheers
C.Y

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.