Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Parafeed PP with current source on joined cathodes

I'm designing an amp of this configuration and want to use plate chokes but am not sure if this would conflict somehow with the current source on the cathodes. I have been told in the past that if I use a current source on the plates I cannot use one on the cathode as they will interact. Many call the choke a current source and I want to make sure this design will work. The current source on the cathodes would force the circuit to act differentially. I am using a tube that needs minimal voltage - 110v, but higher current - 125ma, and want to use plate chokes rather than resistors. Must go parafeed as the tranny cannot take the current. Just checking to see if anyone can think of a reason this would not work. Thinking about Mikey's 100ma plate chokes as the voltage is so low they should probably take the 125ma current. Also seeking guidance on whether a cap is needed on the center tap of the primary to ground and if so, how to calculate its value. Anyone?

C.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - Parafeed PP with current source on joined cathodes - ChasLieb 20:44:42 03/21/07 (20)

You can not post to an archived thread.