Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Making a line output on a preamp

I'm about to buy a preamp off of eBay. It originally had two main-outs for the purpose of biamping, but the owner had (and, as it turns out, I have) no need for it so disconnected that output with the intention of turning it into a line-level output to use with a subwoofer. He decided to go ahead and sell it, so that project was never done; there's still a pair of RCA output jacks on the thing, connected to nothing inside. That probably takes care of 90% of the work, since I don't have to go cutting into the chassis to install a pair.

I need a tape-out for my headphone amp. So my question is: how hard is this to rig up? I have zero kit experience and have only undertaken minuscule electronics projects, but I figure it's probably little more than connecting one or two wires since it's basically bypassing all the circuitry and being spat back out. I'm just getting the preamp, so I haven't got any wire or anything to use so I'll need to get some. Any pointers for this simple project?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Making a line output on a preamp - Mark Tinordi 22:21:48 03/20/07 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.