Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: Well....

as you observed, I actually meant MP3.....I was watching 'Debby Does Detroit pt45'.mpg while typing, that's all.

As you pointed out, vurtually all audio developments have been driven by market forces in the last 70 years.

By questionable, I would suggest that we don't actually function better in an environment where while shopping for lumber and tools, we have to hear some schlock hit music on the overhead....or in the elevator.

What about all the restaurants that have TVs playing everywhere and a sound system that plays Musak?

I find it interesting that in all the marketing date for the newest best audio development is framed like 'sounds as good as.....vinyl or tubes.'

I don't mean to disregard all technological developments, but simply point out that they DON'T actually constitute a real improvement in actual audio quality....just delivery and marketing. This fact seems to be progressively lost as we readjust our standards and expectations around these developing technologies...and the assumption that newest is implies improvement.

Later
D

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.