Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: I like your differentiation...

between those with pioneering spirit and all the rest. I have always thought that curiosity drives all scientific desire/research and action drives all scientific discovery....and invention.

Nowhere is this difference more evident than in the so called 'culture war' of contemporary American politics. But I leave that discussion for elsewhere.

I have yet to see any engineering data that actually describes the sonic differences between various tubes.

What measurement describes how/why thoriated tungsten filiments sound differently than nicad?

What data describes the sound of box [shaped] plates compared with cylindrical plates?

What data explains the different sound of graphite plates as opposed to metal?

Same for sonic differences between steel, nickel and nano-glass core materials. What about core geometry?

For these, one must EXPERIENCE the various designs to even know that a difference exists, much less what sounds best. I have seen discussion where, absent this date, some would argue that NO such differences exists. Hmmmm. :)

Any Philo Farnsworths here?

Later
D

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I like your differentiation... - Dave-A 08:28:15 03/15/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.