Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

I will stick my neck out here...

in anticipation of having my head removed, but here goes:

You make some great points, many of which I tend to agree with (those that I understand, at least), but I would like to tweak one just a little.

>>>1.) No scientific mind would have followed Jeff's methods.<<<

I would say that *some* scientific or researchers of science, would follow his methods, but that *most* engineering minds (the appliers of science) would not have. There are different methods that are available to researchers – it seems that Jeff's are unconventional, perhaps somewhat original, and may be criticised by the general EE community, however, in time the accumulation of practical evidence may support his findings, despite said criticism.

I am interested in these developments and am approaching them with a relatively open mind, however I do recognise that further evidence is required to support Jeff's hypotheses. For me, evidence must include practical application, in a range of amplifiers. Perhaps I will try Jeff’s latest formula for myself…

That said, I may be full-o-cr*p. I am just a 'mature' final year HSc student with a growing interest in medical research and a past life in quality management. My skills may not translate well to this topic; my assumptions may be way off base...

Kind regards
Raymond

Ultra-consumers: Spending money they do not have to buy things they do not need to impress people they do not like.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.