Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Music or Ripple ?? That is the question.....

Hi Tom,

Well, thats only your opinion and not mine, now a days Tom, on an output stage.

You have not experienced this type of supply, have you ? You should !! We use 105 dB RCA FC's and about 98 dB Altec 515s at Greg's house, and have no problem.

My favorite filter ( so far ), has been two-stage, not three, because of the blinding instantaneous speed and timing the two stage gives. Filter it some more, put in five stages if you want, and you will wonder where the music went as far as both timing and dynamics !! A higher number of filter sections will be, by comparison, all askew and out of kilter and out of time. What happened to the music ???

Front end supply, with the same basic two-stage filter, and less draw, is 20 mVAC.

Funny we should have this discussion Tom, over the past, for 25 years, I would actively tube regulate, TWO regulators in series with a draw down power R between them !!, to get low ripple, usually 1 mVAC in my triode amps.

I really like this new-to-me Low C, HY and DCR unregulated approach, as no real comparison to anything else in audio that I know of exists today - IMHO.

Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.