Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

power transformer advice needed

I'm back from a (rather long) vacation and have resumed collecting more parts for my PP DHT (2A3) project. I already have the OPT (fisher 500 / 800 ) and a pair of electra-print phase splitters.

I'm now looking for a power transformer

1. I have a 400V transformer rated at 300mA ,I don't know if this would be ideal for a PP2A3
2. I also have the big fisher 800C power transformer (about 200 something volts on the secondary) which is meant to be used with a voltage doubler. I'm not so sure about voltage doublers being the best thing, based on my reading.
3. Would the linked toroidal power transformer be ideal (with dual rectification)? See link below.

They also have another model with dual 150V secondaries. I'm assuming I could use this too (bhttp://cgi.ebay.com/300V-CT-150V-150VA-Toroid-Tube-Power-Amp-Transformer_W0QQitemZ270066715861QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4665QQcmdZViewItemy tying the secondaries together) with a single rectifier. It's also somewhat cheaper.

4. Any preferences? Should I just stick with good old EI types.

Thanks

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - power transformer advice needed - zobsky 10:29:40 03/06/07 (22)

You can not post to an archived thread.