Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Faster warm up tips

I am wondering if anyone has some tips to help get faster warm up in my phono stage.
It is an Allnic LCR phono. This unit has WE 417a's - 6 of em . I just replaced them. The thing is that it sounds confused when it is cold and after 6 hours it really starts to breathe. After 8 hours it is suddenly as if it has Nitrous Oxide Injection, I mean it really smokes after it has settled. the WE 417's are costly and I was leaving it on 24/7.
Does anyone have any tricks up their sleeve to help a phono settle faster without killing the sound. If I could cut it to 3hrs I would be a very happy camper. The tubes do last far longer than my SP-11 did but they cost 2x as much.
FYI this phono stage is simply stunning, custom nickel stepup, sliver wiring, WE 417a's 600 ohm LCR , separate power supply chassis ,all tubes, PCB on suspension dampers etc. etc. really well made ultra fidelity stuff that takes forever to warm up.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Faster warm up tips - DHT 4 ME 22:26:27 03/05/07 (21)

You can not post to an archived thread.