Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: Questions for Guitar Players

The 7591 mmight be a tough one to get the point across on a sale.. El-84 & 6v6 w/ Pentode/Triode switch is a good selling point & just damn nice to have on a guitar amp, I have 3 that have this feature. Matchless clones & a Vox Pathfinder clone from 1967 I think, There is a strong market with guitar players for small wattage amps, so many of the dual triode's would be a strong seller & tonally very good IMO, 6sn7 comes to mind. as a tube to use.. If my building skills were better with tube gear. I would sell a grip of tube amps for guitar players, they & I are fanatical about them..even more so than audiophiles..I think the 6v6 SE w/ pentode/triode switch & dual rect..SS/Tube would be a goodin.. My Kt 66 amp has external bias adjustments, dual rect..SS/tube, pentode/triode switch/-modern/classic switch & vari-slope 22k/33k/47k/56k There is a lack of good fairlly afforable low powered top flight tone machines out there.. . A small SE in 1 watt or less would be excellent for practice, then one would not have to use any of the tone sucking attenuators out on the market. I have tried most all of them & dislike them all for REAL tone & allways takes to much away. Also if you build tube gear for guitar players, please build a good front end boost..this is something the market needs desperatley.. the boutique chip things are raping everyone of there money...It is insane what they want for them,, all op-amp based most of them & only a few good ones.. One you could do interchangeable tubes for differant gains & such. I would buy such a thing in a split second.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Questions for Guitar Players - JANDG 13:41:48 03/03/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.