Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Beg to disagree.............

Ray,

Its YOUR whole idea of a power supply and what you say is really outdated, misleading to this poor poster, and very wrong. Class A amps and single ended amps need just as good a supply as AB amps, if not better!! Particularly single ended amps where the supply is embedded in the audio circuit.

Of course, I will bet you 1,000,000 dollars you have never even TRIED the type of supply I have proposed, so you are speaking from inexperience with both types.

Have you not learned anything from my over two years of posting about this complex subject??

YES, I am aware of what you profess, but I am also aware, after personally building BOTH types of supplies, with 80% of my builds Class A1 BTW, that you have got it wrong. You have it wrong on ALL counts, including the need for low ripple on the 45 output stage of course. Thats pretty funny. I couldn't have paid you to write a better post on what NOT to do. One good trait, you are consistent.

Have you built such a supply for a Type 45 that I descibed? 'Bet not!

L1/C1/L2/C2 are $10.79 for each L and under $13 for each C !! The only real cost is a decent power trannie, but one may relax that part's criteria some, as its the Ls that must be driven, not the Power Trannie !! One must think in dynamic terms with supplies, not in static terms as you did above...its all wrong Ray, sorry. Been there done that, and it truly sucketh.

Just read my 245 post's listening description...'think I fabricated it - and profess it publically ?? I'm not that stupid. Ask Messers John Swenson, C.Y, Nickel Core, and Dr. Y. Chung....they too are delighted . Why remain living in the dark ages??

Tell you, and ANY potential detractors what, ........... just build and listen to the supply I previously described re: the 245 amp's report. Use very heavy gauge ground and B+ wiring, and we will put an END to ANY of this bickering and wasting of bandwidth up here.

***** Its easier to build it and listen to it, than to post outdated "theoretical" supply dogma - that doesn't sound good. ******

Keep an open mind, heart and ear. Enjoy !!

Sincerely, Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.