Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: Who will claim that their DIY SET sounds better than anything Wavac has to offer?

The best sound I have ever heard come from Don Allen's products. His equipment generally runs less than half of what you are talking about. I have owned a lot of equipment over the years including some of the most expensive amps and preamp available. I prefer the sound I receive from Don's equipment to all of them. For example I have both Conrad Johnson Art II and Don Allen's preamps. I prefer Don's preamp and it only cost $800. I also prefer his preamp over the Wavelength Sine preamp I own. He even has a starter SET amp that sells for around $500 for those that want to get their feet wet. If you do a search for Don Allen the SET Audio Asylum you will find the opinions of others who have used his products.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Who will claim that their DIY SET sounds better than anything Wavac has to offer? - Jottow2@yahoo.com 06:24:10 02/27/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.