Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

MISSING the Forest ... for the Trees !!

Tre',

With two different Signal Transformer Co. DU 1/2s in series,( as Greg and John Swenson use them ), there are four windings on the primary and four on the secondary. Each winding, however, has four access points at O-104-110-120 VAC.

So, there are a multitude of combinations possible - because you have 4 windings times 3 ( not 4 ), or 12 taps on the primary and 12 taps available on the secondary. The VAC combinations obtainable, with 12 primary taps and 12 secondary taps are truly VAST !!

It is not of import "one iota" as to what exact taps were selected, as long as the overall B+ voltages were similar - as I had intially reported. They were similar BTW, at under two percent in difference as we recall. So, why "invent in your mind" - such an obnoxious smokescreen, that MY method is not sound? That is pure B.S.

All you are doing is (1) existing in denial and (2) trying to discredit me publically with one of the silliest things I've ever seen you profess up on AA. You need some help!!

What you SHOULD be considering in your mind is the findings of our subjective listening evaluation : that the Low HY, Low DCR, Low C approach ( as developed by my friend, the designer of Serious Stereo 2A3 SE amplifier) TOTALLY SMOKES conventional audio power supply implementations, which have been regularly used over the last 100 years.

I am open-minded - as to whats the best sounding power supply implementation and I wanna USE it for my listening enjoyment, and make it available up here to others who may share a similar interest in great sound. That audience doesn't seem to be you, and frankly, thats perfectly OK by me.

Sincerely, Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.