Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: K40y-9 PIO Caps - My Experiences

I don't understand. First you make a component change based on tweak buzz around here that doesn't work out for you. Life is learning. Then you make another change based on your own experiences and exclaim "Bingo! Relaxed, powerful sound with a wide and balanced bass." Sound to me like you achieved what you wanted in the first place. Great! But then you lament: "So here I sit still waiting to experience the sound of a good (and reliable) PIO cap." Why not enjoy what you've got now? You've already determined that PIO caps probably won't satisfy you for a couple of very good reasons.

While I respect Mike's opinion, I've found that most PIO caps are flawed in many ways and therefore I won't use them in anything I intend to use routinely. The last thing I want to intrude into the listening experience are distracting thoughts like "Have I gotten the last 0.01% out of equipment?" or most importantly "I wonder if the coupling caps are going to fail in the middle of the music taking out the output tubes, OPT and rectifier. Life is too short.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: K40y-9 PIO Caps - My Experiences - Steve O 12:09:41 02/25/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.