Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: 27 preamp

Thank you for your responces. About the filements I tied them in parallel to a Center Tapped 2.5V winding on my transformer, the voltage is about 2.42V AC and I connected the CT to the signal ground. Former experiments with Voltage regulation did not satisfy me. Due to a light hum I will try Current Reg. soon.
I also think the problem is with the LineOPT, but just because it is not settled in yet. Slowely I hear more bass. It measures 11 Hz - 62 kHz (-2dB), specs are prim. imp = 10k (110H), sec.= 600 Ohm. Maybe I just have to be patient. I did not start with an Anode resitor/Cap output because I do not need the gain for my power amps. I also tried some different PSU configurations without great difference in sound. At the moment I use 150 0 150V AC 6X5 - 22u BG - 12H - 220u BG (split to LR) each channel - 10K 2W AB - 22u BG.
What striked me most yesterday was, removing a 150 ohm (1W RikenOhm) gridstopper also removed some graininess, the same happened when I swapped the 2k2 2W Tant. cathode resistor bypassed by a 220uF BG FK for the 9V NiMh batt. The only resistors left, except for the 2 x 10k AB 2W PSU resitors, are the 100k Nobel vol.control and a 2k 1W Tant load resistor on the sec. of the line OPT.

Thanks so far,

Ronald Koridon,
Amsterdam.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.