Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: Filament bias and PP DHT

Hi Andy ,
I may take you up on your offer , I have a dozen type 46 . Got any globes ? No CCS anywhere in this amp apart from in the B+ feed to the driver (2 x 105V gas regs not shown in the diagram) . The whole point is that the LL1635 interstage can only tolerate 1mA of unbalanced DC . Even tightly matched valves will drift with age so there needs to be some form of adjustment . In the diagram each filament has it's own DC supply , the pots provide a small amount of balancing . If the pots are removed then the '-' of each filament would be joined together , reversing the 'phase' of one filament will allow a change of 2.5V of bias . Alternatively the 3A/110A running at lower current can be used without any balancing , but the output stage will no longer be able to be driven hard into A2 . Ra for the 3A/110A is also higher than I'd like (5k) compared to the 46 (2.3k) . Sowter 8920 were delivered this morning and I've had an offer on the LL1635 . Chassis bashing will commence early nest week so I need to pull my finger out ;)

cheers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.