Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: You need more than a "decent measuring mic".

Hi ,
I don't think you read the post correctly . I said that the measurement mic was next purchase on the list after the next power amp is built . I will be only be using the mic for ironing out anomalies rather than playing music and analysing that . I am surprised you measured such low notes , most mics are not accurate under 100Hz . What mic did you use ?

'surprised you go for saaannnnd active pulse filters considering your tuby moniker.'

...this I do not understand at all . Where do I say that I use sand active filters ? When I went active I built the filters into each respective power amp . Both were 1st order , bass unit was a Jordan JX150 (ask Allen Wright about these) , HF was a DIY ESL panel 50 x 25cm . There are pictures of these in the archives if you would care to look . For the HF part of the system , which was a direct drive amp , the filter was a cap on the input . For the bass amp the filter cap was between the input stage and the concertina phase splitter .

cheers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: You need more than a "decent measuring mic". - fatbottle 09:12:34 01/25/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.