Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: Platitudes! Science! Audio Religion! Politics! $ales!

"The need to "prove" everything-- so coveted in scientific circles is anathema to us because it makes a really simple job both overly complex and tampered with."

I can't help but respond to the irony here. You (Dennis) seem to be attempting to 'prove' something about science, exactly the failing you accuse it of. Meanwhile, the goal of engineering analysis is to take an apparently complex situation and make it understandable in a way that makes application simple; the exact opposite of what you accuse it of.

It is undeniable that there are still things to be learned about reproducing music, but I don't see how that can be used as an indictment of science. It would thrill me to understand why NFB seems to squash the music so often. The fact that my textbooks don't explain it does not make we want to throw my hands in the air and shout "science sucks!" It just makes me realize that there's more work to be done.

-- Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.