Home Tsunami Victim Support

Auction benefiting Tsunami Victims

NEW AUCTION: John Marks Records' "Music For A Glass Bead Game"!

Hi, All!

Thanks to the generosity of John Marks of (you guessed it!) John Marks Records, we are able to offer copies of his wonderful recording of Arturo Delmoni and Nathaniel Rosen, "Music For A Glass Bead Game", as part of the Audio Asylum Asian Tsunami Victim Support Auction.

The compositions on this disc have been chosen to showcase the interplay of Delmoni on violin and Rosen on cello, and are thematically linked to Hermann Hesse's Nobel-prize-winning novel, "The Glass Bead Game." Several pieces from Bach are included, as well as works by Kodaly, Giordani, Martinu and Handel.

"Music For A Glass Bead Game" was a winner of The Absolute Sound's "Golden Ear" award, Fanfare's Best of 1998 list, and a 1998 nominee for an Indie Award. Wes Phillips wrote in Stereophile:
"This is a stupendous recording of violin and cello in a good-sized hall,possibly the most luscious recording of acoustic music I've heard in several years. The third movement of the Kodály Duo provides some heart-stoppingly beautiful moments. If you care about music and want to hear how well science can serve art, you need to listen to this one."

John has chosen Wateraid as recipient of the proceeds. These discs are new and unplayed, but lack shrink-wrap--so you can actually get the disc out to play it! PLEASE participate in this auction--a GREAT recording, and a GREAT cause!

Ole Lund Christensen and Bill Leebens, organizers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - NEW AUCTION: John Marks Records' "Music For A Glass Bead Game"! - Bill Leebens 13:17:54 02/24/05 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.