Home Tsunami Victim Support

Auction benefiting Tsunami Victims

NEW AUCTION: Locus Design BasiClamp record clamp!

Hi, All!

Thanks to the generosity of Lee at Locus Design, we are able to offer a Locus Design BasiClamp record clamp as part of the Audio Asylum Asian Tsunami Victim Support Auction.

I'll let Lee tell you about the clamp:

"This innovative record weight/clamp is machined from a single piece of aluminum. The weight is designed to cover most of the record label, maximizing the effectiveness of the weight, and, in our opinion, offering a better sound than smaller weights. This design does require that one lifts the arm before it reaches the outer edge of the run-out groove so that your headshell doesn't potentially hit the weight, but this is a small price to pay for the sonic benefits.

"This unique design helps couple the record to the mat, allowing more intimate groove/stylus contact. The weight is designed to add extra mass around the spindle, which aids in dissipating any micro-vibrations caused by the platter, stylus, or motor. The removal of spurious noise caused by the aforementioned allows the music on your precious vinyl to emerge from a background of silence unlike any you have experienced before.

"In addition to the technology employed, the BasiClamp is a stunning mechanical design, which truly is a piece of industrial art."

This clamp can be yours if you're the highest bidder. PLEASE participate in this auction--a GREAT product and a GREAT cause!

Ole Lund Christensen and Bill Leebens, organizers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - NEW AUCTION: Locus Design BasiClamp record clamp! - Bill Leebens 10:18:41 02/22/05 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.