Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

I have the K-03...

and its a very nice sounding deck, so nice that I sold my Dragon after I compared them side by side. The Dragons are very nice decks but if the NAAC is not working properly or if the rollers are not up to spec it will be hell to calibrate the bias. That's another reason I sold the Dragon because it was too finicky, the Luxman K-03 sounds just as good and I don't have to go crazy trying to adjust the bias. The K-03 also comes with a built-in demagntizer. I'm going to upgrade all the caps inside to Elan Silmic II's and Panasonic FM for the power supply caps. This deck should be a killer. I also got the remote control when I bought this deck, very cool! The K-03 is built like a tank! I have been very happy with it and it make tapes that sound very good in my car tape decks. Another surprise was that these decks have a very good headphone amp built-in, way better than the Nak Dragons. These are very hard to find decks but should last a long time if taking care of properly.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I have the K-03... - Cougar 20:28:56 03/26/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.