Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Re: I need more help!!! thanks!!!!

Hello.

Consider first replacing the pinch roller anyway. you can replace the pinch roller for another suitable or you can replace just the rubber of the pinch roller like I did.

Here I paste a previous message from mine:
I received it weeks ago. Tapes only played without audible wow and flutter up to ten or fifteen minutes. And it stoped completely about 40 minutes (for a 60 min tapes). I tried hard to clean the pinch rollers, but they were definetively worn out and hardened. So I decided to try the following.

I took a pinch roller from a broken, very cheap portable radio-cassette. As the axis of the pinch roller is bigger in the Revox, I couldn't just simply replace one of them. With one little screw driver and my fingers I took out the black rubber. I tried to do the same on the old revox pinch roller. But It was worn out and I had to remove it with a little knife, cutting and scraching it. Then, I made a lot of pressure to get the metallic central part of the pinch roller to get inside the hole of the good rubber. This way I rebuild the pinch roller.

--------- END OF PASTED-----------

About the motor... first get pinch rollers working and then you probably will set the speed fine again.

Peace

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I need more help!!! thanks!!!! - rotovator 16:23:13 03/24/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.