Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Adjusting azimuth on Aiwa deck- problem

My Aiwa deck that needs new belts decided to start playing tapes again (I guess the belt was in contact again). It needs an azimuth adjustment to play tapes made on my Sony deck. Anyways Im told one uses a nut driver to do the adjustment on Aiwa decks. Problem is I have not been able to find a driver small enough for these nuts. I have been able to use a 4mm ratchet socket which works. But the one nut on the bottom right is the one I need to adjust. The problem is there is a metal bar in front of that lower nut that prevents the socket from getting in there. That metal bar is part of the cassette door frame. What I need this deck to do is to engage the play mode without a cassette installed and the door still open. Then I can get at that nut. But it seems Aiwa (unlike my Sony deck) doesn't allow this cleaning mode to engage the heads and capstans in play mode. I tried power up the deck while holding the play button, pause button, eject button, etc. Nothing seems to do this.

So tell me- how does one get at that lower right nut if this stupid metal bar is in the way?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Adjusting azimuth on Aiwa deck- problem - shpickering@yahoo.ca 19:03:43 03/16/07 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.