Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Nak versus everything else...

All that being said, you're not going to 'best' a top Nak in good condition. As twitchy and expensive as some of the Naks are to own and maintain, they are literally the Ferrari of the cassette industry. Most decks can only approach the performance of the best Naks. I only wished I could justify owning one....the models I want in reliable condition run $2000+. For that kind of $, I'd rather have a top Tascam R2R or something similar. Some people live in more populated areas than I do and can run across estate sales where top vintage gear goes for next to nothing.... I can only dream of that scenario. My sources wind up being pawn shops and screwbay. One pawn shop here has an old Dokorder 1140 studio R2R....massive looking thing without a stand, some knobs and Lord knows what else wrong. They want about $300.....I'm sure I can beat them down, but I'm not sure about parts and what the deck really needs...or even what the thing is really worth in that shape. If you figure they have to double their money, they gave $100-150 for it which is ludicrous for how it appears.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Nak versus everything else... - Real1shepperd 19:16:51 03/07/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.