Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Re: The ol "as is" statement

I see it from both perspectives. I'm a buyer and a seller, though I buy much more than I sell. It's true....some buyers will never be pleased, but I think the majority appreciate an honest seller. There's nothing wrong with stating "as is" as long as you don't pretend to be ignorant of electronics or perpetuate the false pretense that you have no idea what you're selling. The majority of vintage electronic peddlers know exactly what they're selling and further, they're just yo-yoing what they bought somewhere else. In that case, there's no real appreciation for what they have or efforts to further the hobby of say, 70's vintage electronics. If you're an electronic tech or engineer, you can afford to buy junk because at the very least, there's just some time & parts separating you from listening pleasure. They rest of us have to depend on some stated honesty somewhere-something sorely lacking these days on screwbay. Or of course you could take the tact that most everything on ebay is just junk and bid accordingly. Let the fools bid up the Pioneer CT-F1250's that 'just need a new belt'....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.