Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Re: What I do...

Fortunately everything you need to make the old single motor Tandbergs are still available. The figure 8 belts are still sold by at least 2 vedors and they are reasonably priced. The pinch rollers like turning to goo on these but there is a guy that will rebuild your old one for not a lot of money. The brake/clutch pads are just sheet cork and you can easily cut the new ones yourself. I have a Model 5,6, 64,64X, 3000X. 6000X. For some reason R2Rs keep following me home (the lost puppy syndrome) and I now have over 200 of the damn things. I still have 3 Crown 700 series machines I bought back in the 70s to make live recordings. Of course those 3 Crowns multiplied over night into 11. One of my hobbies is making "vintage" 2 channel recordings of live bands here locally, usually Jazz and Bluegrass or Folk. Sometimes I set up 3 stereo pairs of different vintage and new microphones going to 3 different decks so I can compare them later. I have 3 Tapesonic 70 series machines, 2 tube and 1 solid state that I have rebuilt that I like to use. I also have a Studer B62 that does a great job and I when I feel like using something newer I use a modified Tascam 70-4 1/2" machine. Also in my collection are (2) Revox G36, (6) Sony 777, (2) Sony 770, (1) Sony 854, Sony APR2003,(3)Akai 345, Akai 330, (2) XV, Akai 747, Braun 1000/4, Several various Uher machines, lots of moni tube machines and wire recorders. I keep meaning to thin out the heard but instead they just keep multiplying...Just like all the other vintage audio stuff I keep tripping over here..

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.