Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Re: Open real pre-recorded tapes by the dozen

Nice grab! I kinda gave up on thrift/recycling stores a few years ago. I was looking for vinyl at the time though. When I lived in the city, I used to check out some of them and found a pair of Stromberg Carlson mono tube amps at the Goodwill on Mission. They were in pretty good condition and I kept them for years. I never got around to replacing the missing tubes (this was in '85 I think) and my mom sold them at a garage sale! Ever since, I never throw any audio related stuff away. BTW I took my Technics rs1500 to Adam at Lieberman Sound for biasing and regular adjustments. He seems like he really knows his way around anything that uses tape/film. I got his url from one of your posts a while back.
More on the subject though, I grew up in Georgia and (I can't remember the exact year) I used to tape a one hour show on a local collage radio station called the Psychodellic show. I used to tape a mono mic to the radios speaker and I would listen to it over and over till the next weeks show. It must have been about '65 or so. I don't think that folks that didn't live through those times can relate to a time when you'd be forced to turn off something like Hendrex. Now they use his music to sell cel-phones!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Open real pre-recorded tapes by the dozen - ironbut 18:12:56 02/05/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.