Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Re: Tascam 32 resale value

If by "excellent" you mean that all of the electromechanical functions are in perfect working order and the cosmetics are in good condition with no major scratches, markings, or blemishes, we are looking at a ballpark resale value of around $650-$800. Throw in any flaws-cosmetic or function, depending on the severity and the value can drop significantly.

Even though the T-32 is a rugged, built-to-last deck, it IS a half track rather "Plain-Jane" machine. Quarter track stereo is where most of the (resale) action is. That's what people want. And that's why "lesser" decks in comparable condition (such as the Akai GX-646, Teac X-1000R, etc) often sell for far more. Most people who would want or need a pro 2T deck probably already have one. Also keep in mind that many "pro" decks have a reputation for being rather worn, beat up, and in poor working and cosmetic condition with little or no uselful life left in them by the time they reach the Ebay and Audiogon markets. This is no doubt in part due to the very demanding nature of studio recording and the fact that the people who used them likely didn't actually pay for them-and thus-had no respect for them. So needless to say, if you have a T-32 and it's in like or near new condition, you should definitely get the upper end of my previously mentioned values should you choose to sell it.

Just my $.02

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.