Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Well...

I would say this is a project or parts machine. Cosmetically it is not great, there are some broken parts, some parts missing, scratches, etc, but most importantly, some functions don't work, plus they did not even try the recording - on these the recording function often is not working, as the selector switch has plastic cam that often is broken. It can be fabricated and replaced, of course. All that is reflected in the price, at least at this stage.

I like that model, I have two of them, they are one of the best looking machines, I think. I wish they took the 7" reels, like Nagra does.

We are all different... if you like tinkering with things this might be for you. But it is not something you can just start using, to play your tapes. I have not been inside one yet, had no reason to, so I can't tell you how easy it is to work on it. Generally speaking, Sony stuff is well designed, but you can have tight spots. If it goes for very low price, it might be a good learning project.

The power supply is most likely for 240V, so you would either have to use the external transformer, or to modify the power supply - I did that on my newer one. Battery packs are nice, but impossible to find... I am lucky to have two. The strap is not the original one to that model.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Well... - Victor Khomenko 18:45:32 02/02/21 (1)
    • Oh... - kootenay 20:03:48 02/02/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.