In Reply to: Time for a science project posted by svisner on February 6, 2020 at 10:36:44:
But you still left with the intrinsic high-frequency hiss originating from Dolby encoding. The best thing to do is to purchase a used Dolby 361 or 363 noise reduction unit to decode them however, they are not cheap. Or and the cheapest fix is to avoid tapes that were Dolby encoded altogether.
BTW, Revox A77 that you can still buy for a reasonable price does come with a Dolby Noise Reduction. My Revox A77 MK III did come with it.
If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing well
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Time for a science project - svisner 10:36:44 02/06/20 (9)
- RE: Time for a science project - svisner 11:11:36 02/08/20 (3)
- RE: Time for a science project - svisner 18:45:09 02/14/20 (2)
- RE: Time for a science project - stellavox 04:40:12 02/07/20 (1)
- RE: Time for a science project - svisner 04:59:57 02/07/20 (0)
- It might help... - kootenay 11:33:53 02/06/20 (2)