Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

RE: Home recording

really depends on what you are recording and what you are going to do with it.

I have the Tascam DA3000. really nice machine for the price, but needs a better clock to really shine.

I used to do a lot of live to 2 track analog recordings. Was out at least 1x per month. Hauled along a pair of tascam 42s, a dozen reels of tape, dual mono mic pre amps, mics, stands, cables, etc. quite a bit of gear to lug around.

8-10 years ago switched to digital just to reduce the total weight of all the stuff I was hauling. first wend to CD, then to DV-1000R and finally the DA3000. 99% of what I recorded ended up on CD anyway, so was much easier.

I was once recording at a large south side church. The AC was pretty noisy so asked them to shut it off. they opened a bunch of windows to let some air in.

Recording was under way. all was going well. the chamber group reached a quiet passage at the same time the wind picked up. the wind caught one of the open windows, and blew it against the window frame, making a "BANG, BANG, BANG" which of course the mics picked up and so did the tape.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Home recording - mcgjohn@yahoo.com 09:50:09 02/05/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.