Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

RE: Dynamic expander

What is your goal? I.e., what would you want to accomplish? Make the quiet stuff/noise quieter? Make the medium/louder parts louder?

The (now) vintage Valley People "Kepex" could do all that. Presumably, PMI Audio has resurrected Valley People and is working on a "Kepex II". I don't know what the status is or if it'll ever get off the ground. There are, of course, several other products currently on the market, both hardware and software. The important question remains: What would you want to accomplish?

Also, you might want to post your message in the General forum, where you might get more replies. I know your intention is to apply the component to a R-R tape system, but the question/topic of dynamic expansion is applicable to many other situations as well.

Add-on: I don't know how many people here would be familiar with signal processing, so I'll just say that you might consider posting on tapeheads.net and/or diyaudio.com, where a number of pros post.

:)

Edits: 07/07/17 07/07/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.