In Reply to: Technics RS 1500 Rewind Problem posted by RedM on March 20, 2017 at 07:40:44:
Large reels on BOTH sides? Same problem in both FF and Rewind?
Are the bearings on the "dancers" (on either sided near the top of the headblock) binding up?
To check if brake pads retract from reel when moving tape. Put on just NAB adapters with no tape. Spin them back and forth - is the "tension" roughly equal for both in each direction. While holding down both tape dancers, push FF - The left (supply side) adapter will spin a little but can be stopped with your hand - spin it both CW and CCW - if the brakes have retracted, the relative "tension" should be less than when the reels are not turning. Try the same with Rewind on the right side shaft/adapter.
FWIW, the "brakes" on the 1500 are nowhere near as "clamping" (not band brakes) as on other machines.
Also be sure that all the tape paths are clean - could be gunk on a non-rotation surface.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Technics RS 1500 Rewind Problem - RedM 07:40:44 03/20/17 (15)
- RE: Technics RS 1500 Rewind - tesla 05:42:29 03/24/17 (0)
- Join one or both of these groups. - Dave Pogue 05:17:07 03/21/17 (2)
- RE: Join one or both of these groups. - Inmate51 07:44:17 03/21/17 (1)
- RE: Join one or both of these groups. - RedM 10:23:45 03/21/17 (0)
- RE: Technics RS 1500 Rewind Problem - RedM 12:05:09 03/20/17 (6)
- RE: Technics RS 1500 Rewind Problem - Inmate51 17:15:53 03/20/17 (5)
- RE: Technics RS 1500 Rewind Problem - RedM 18:32:50 03/20/17 (4)
- RE: Technics RS 1500 Rewind Problem - Inmate51 09:58:30 03/20/17 (0)
- RE: Technics RS 1500 Rewind Problem - stellavox 08:35:24 03/20/17 (2)