Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Holy Smokes talk about an upgrade

Well last week I got my first R2R (see thread just below) a TEAC 1250 is usable condition nothing great really just something to play with.

In talking last night to a friend who is very into R2R's (he has professional level Sony's and even some older tube sets) When I mention that I might be interested in a Pioneer RT-707 he had mentioned having.

As the conversation went on we ended up with the idea since he wanted on of the RCM's (Record Cleaning Machine)I have scratch built that he would be happy to make a straight across trade!

SO now with that motivation I'm going to build up 2-3 RCM's trade him one for a RT-7070 in 9+ condition that has been completely serviced and tuned up. And end up with a couple to sell at the big Audio gathering we are having next month.

Can't wait. This should be so cool adding that R2R to my Vintage Pioneer system.

That way I can sped my OT money this summer on some New Tape and record a bunch of my 2000LPs for my new toy!

Oh yes I'm addicted in oh so many ways LOL

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Holy Smokes talk about an upgrade - Mark W. 17:39:07 01/30/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.