Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Re: Teac Decks

Hey Panzer, sorry to hear about the 330, those Tandberg uprights are such sweet decks! I bought an 310 MKII a few months ago locally, no chance for damage during shipping and it is in near pristine shape and performs and sounds great. I had the same epay problems with a number of 310's in the past. My first epay Tandberg upright arrived damaged from Airborne, the whole corner of the deck was crushed! Although my MKII is not a 3 header like your 330, it has that wonderful Tandberg warmth.

IF you can afford $500-$1000 bones, I'd keep my eye out for a Tandberg 3014, as my most recent addition, again locally, has one of the most solid builds of any deck I have experienced. There have been some bugs to work out, as long as you have a tech you can trust, I couldn't recommend a better, more well built, more fun to use deck.

However, if you have no way to fix or service your decks, I might recommend a Tascam, the 122 or the 112 series, but stick with 3 head performance so you can monitor while recording.

And, I have to say, although the older Nakamichi decks need servicing to keep them going, my all time favorite Nak LX-5 has served me very well and just keeps on ticking... You can usually find these in the low to mid $200's, and it's a lot of deck for that price. Nak would be easier to find service for than a lot of the older Tandberg gear.

Good luck!
Stickwork

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Teac Decks - stickwork 09:15:14 01/14/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.