Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

The hubs are for 10 1/2 inch reels, you will need a cleaner "safe" for rubber pinch rollers and

a good demagnetizer. Lots of other helpful hints, storage and maintenance tips as well as the history of reel to reel on my website. I'm guessing your Technics 1500 is one of their 2 Track / 4 Track models.

You will need 4 Track to play most pre-recorded tapes, although a lot of 2 Track tapes show up on eBay. I avoid pre-recorded 3¾ IPS tapes as the sound quality only fair. The best IMHO Reel to Reels are the early 1950-1960's recorded in "Real Time" at 7½ IPS and many of the later Dolby encoded 7½ IPS Barclay-Crocker Reel to Reels but a Dolby decoder to hear all of their glory.

If your Technics also does 15 IPS there are pre-recorded tapes due out any day now, they premiered at CES.

I also list 10 Recommended Reel to Reels to get you started.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Reel to Reel.

"Music is love"
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • The hubs are for 10 1/2 inch reels, you will need a cleaner "safe" for rubber pinch rollers and - Teresa 20:53:50 01/11/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.